Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Meet Annie Rollins

Interview with Heroine 
Annie Rollins of An Unconventional Lady by Cynthia Hickey
1.                  How would you describe yourself to others? Despite my mother’s attempts to the contrary, I’m a modern woman. After all, with the turn of the century, so many opportunities are open to women.

2.                  How did you and the hero meet? He took the job I created for myself. Because I’m a woman, Mother felt I couldn’t do the job properly and hired Dakota as a trail guide.

3.                  What was your first impression of him? I was pretty angry at first, but I soon realized the handsome guide had no idea he was stepping on my toes. I fully expected him to back down once he found out, but then he sided with Mother.

4.                  How do you want him to see you? As a fully capable, modern woman. Instead, he saw me as one of the Harvey waitresses. It’s very frustrating.

5.                  Were you planning on romance entering your life? I had planned on romance at some point in my life, but Dakota had a way of worming his way into my life and my heart.

6.                  What things are of most importance to you in a relationship with someone you love? Honesty, full trust and respectability. I wanted a man who treated me as an equal rather than a helpless female.

7.                  What are your hopes for your relationship with the hero? That he would see me as capable as he at many tasks.

8.                  How do face disappointments in your life? I tend to stomp my feet and argue until I see reasoning.

9.                  What do you want the hero to see in you that he may not see now? That I strive to let God hold the reins in my life. After all, God sees the big picture where I often can’t.

10.              What is your main goal in life? What do you hope to accomplish? I want to be a modern business woman. Times are changing. I can see my future rising on the horizon of a new age.

11.              If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My stubbornness. But God and I are working on it. Sometimes, I feel God throws his arms up at my antics. Thankfully, He loves me anyway.

Blurb from An Unconventional Lady

ANNIE ROLLINS LONGS FOR ADVENTURE 
But her strict mother keeps her close to home, working as a Harvey Girl waitress. Until Dallas Baker shows up in town and takes the job Annie really wants—leading tours through the Grand Canyon. Annie's frustrated, but finds it impossible to ignore the handsome outdoorsman. 
With her split skirts and modern hairdo, Annie challenges Dallas's old-fashioned notions of what makes a lady. To his surprise, he finds her delightful, until he learns she has no interest in settling down. Dallas is ready to win her heart, but is Annie willing to fall in love? 



Answer the question below and leave a comment for an opportunity to be in a drawing for the novel. Be sure to leave your email address for contacting. Following this blog will earn you an extra entry.
Question: The 1940's and WWII brought about great changes for women in the military and in jobs. With her independent nature and modern outlook for women, where would a woman like Annie Rollins fit in the jobs available for women after 194?

Annoying legal disclaimer: drawings void where prohibited by law; open only to U.S. residents; the odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. No purchase is necessary and only one entry per post. Winner will be selected next week-end and posted here on Monday, April 14. You must be 18 or older to enter. Remember to leave your email address for contacting you in case of win.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry I did not see a question posted here to answer.
Enjoyed the review and learning of Cynthia's books
I follow blog
mcnuttjem0(at)gmail(dot)com

Britney Adams said...

Annie might have joined the Women's Army Corp.

I am a blog follower.
texaggs2000 at gmail dot com